Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Ul-jjang?? O_O

They're giving shows to good looking people now... -.- How come I feel this is so shallow? Maybe because I am not, I repeat not an ul-jjang. And if any of you are wondering what the fuck an uljjang is, it's Korean and literally translates to Pretty/Handsome face. 'Ul' or also pronounced 'Eol', which is short for 'ulgul'/'eolgul' means face and 'jjang' is used to describe something that is good or the best. So I guess you can say ul-jjang is translated as the best face... o.o

Enough of the Korean lesson. I just got back from KL and am just discovering that the local Animax channel has broadened its horizon from not only Japanese anime and Japanese music, but now it also shows Korean variety shows like Ul-jjang Shi Dae which means The Best Face Generation. :P It's a bad translation but yeah... That's pretty much how you translate it. Animax also shows Korean Music Shows... I thought only the Korean channel, KBS World had Korean Music shows... o.o Apparently not. The channel also has many Korean dramas, some of which I have already watched. ^^

I don't know if it's a good thing that Animax is showing all this Korean stuff, but I think it should stay true to its roots as a Japanese anime channel. It shouldn't be other than that... STAY TRUE TO ANIME!

Anyway, this is not the point of my post. My point is talking about shows like Ul-jjang Shi Dae that apparently celebrates good-looking teenagers and put them on TV. I'm sure you've heard all that crap about keeping it real and just being yourself, it's pretty hard to do both when the media is sprouting crap like this at kids. I know it's a Korean show but Korean entertainment is becoming very popular these days. And if it's not Hollywood's tight requirements don't get the teens, then the Korean entertainment ideal will.

Besides, have you noticed? All those people talking about keeping it real and being yourself are said by people who can afford to be themselves? They're pretty and skinny or tall and handsome. What about us people who aren't like that? Will we survive the world out there as all these requirements are placed on us?

I'm suffering now... So it's pretty much safe to say, I will not survive... I am one of those weaker ones who act strong. I suck...

o.o But people just say you have to think positively. It's easy for them to say... They're not going through what I am... Assies... -.-

0 comments:

Post a Comment